Tuesday 17 August 2010

My first sewing project

When I started knitting I bought a book/magazine called Complete Guide to Knitting & Crochet and, believe it or not, I actually got my first sewing project idea from this. It had what was called a needle udder. It is a pouch you can roll up that you keep your knitting needles in and I think it was called an udder as the fabric used was cow skin-esque fur with a pink inner fabric. I decided to use other materials but used the concept from the book for how to make it. The fur I used for the outside is soooooo soft! There were cheaper furs, but they looked cheap and felt pretty nasty so I decided to spoil myself. I then used a small flower print fabric for the inside. (I actually bought too much of this fabric, as you will see it crops up in a few more of my later projects.) Oct 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment