Thursday 19 August 2010

Cushions, cushions, who's got the cushions?

At the end of 2009 I had purchased some curtain material to use for various soft furnishings in my flat. At last I decided to make some cushion covers with it. I did 3 the same. It was a very simple technique that I used. I used one length of fabric, hemmed two opposite ends then folded it so the ends over lapped and sewed down the sides. You can then put the cushion in through the over lap. I found you do need to make the overlap quite large because otherwise when the cushion is used it pops out the back a bit. I had made the covers the same size as the cushions I had bought, but later found out it is better to make the cover an inch or two smaller than the cushion so that it fills the cover well without saggy/empty corners. Feb 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment