Thursday 19 August 2010

My first order

One day my 4-year-old niece came over and saw that I had a book about making skirts that I had borrowed from the library. She proceeded to look through the book and put in an order for the skirt she would like. She asked for a red skirt with flowers on, and went on to point out a few styles in the book that she liked. Since her birthday was coming up I decided I would try to make the desired skirt. Luckily I already had some red, flowery fabric. I had also seen a simple child’s skirt in a sewing magazine I had. The skirt wasn’t exactly what I wanted to do so I took a look and then started to make it up as I went a long. It was pretty basic to make and then I just added a belt and belt loops to add some more detail. The green parts are from the lining of a jacket I took apart since I loved the colour but hadn't worn it for ages because the style didn't look right on me. Mar 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment