Monday 20 September 2010

A tie by any other name...would still be a tie

When it came to my brother’s birthday I wasn’t sure what to make. This was the first grown male I had made a present for. Not sure that he would want a bag so I decided on making a tie. This was quite tricky in the end. It took me forever to find some fabric that I thought would work well as a tie and then the only guidance I had was a project in a sewing book that didn’t seem to tell me all I needed to know. It told me how much fabric to get and which way to cut the pieces of the tie from it but it had nothing about sizes. I managed to find my old school tie to try and work out the size but I think the school tie was smaller than your average tie, so I still just had to make it up. July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment