Monday 20 September 2010

Scrap Bag quilt

In June I went to the National Quilt Championships, Sandown. Not only did they have lots of quilts to look at but they had lots of stalls to buy quilting goods from. I found out about what is called a Scrap Bag. This bag contains odd cut offs of quilting fabric all from one collection by Moda (which just so happen to make my favourite quilting fabrics). The bags all contain a set weight of fabric and you can only see one fabric through the window, so unless you recognise that one piece from a certain collection it is just a lucky dip. I lucked out and got a bag that had some really nice fabrics from the ‘Simple Abundance’ range.
I decided to make a small quilt top. I haven’t gone any further than that as I am trying to decide whether to make it into a picnic blanket or just a small throw/quilt.I made the pattern myself just by playing around with what I had until I was happy with the look. It helped that I already had a fat quarter of one of the fabrics from the range that I added for some variation. Aug 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment